Whistler Waldorf’s recent job and volunteer postings.
Do you love working with children and youth? Would you like to further your education to become a Waldorf-certified teacher?
Whistler Waldorf School in beautiful Whistler, BC is seeking an experienced Kindergarten Asst. Teacher for our Early Years Program working in the Briar Rose (Kindergarten) program. This is a full-time, permanent position. In addition to our very competitive and professional wage, Whistler Waldorf School will also financially support the right candidate to obtain or complete their B.C. ECE or Waldorf certification! We also offer many professional development opportunities and tuition remission for those applicants who may have children.
This position offers successful candidates:
• $23-30/hour based on relevant education and work experience.
• Training and financial support for ongoing educational experiences or certification in Waldorf education.
• Compensation package including medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance
• Partial tuition remission for your children (Pre-k-Grade 12 programs)
• An Inspiring and creative work environment with mentorship programs, peer-to-peer support sessions and community/group teaching opportunities.
The perfect candidate will have:
• an ECE/ECEA Certification for B.C. and/or a Waldorf Early Years Certification. We will consider Canadian or international candidates that are qualified as an ECE Teacher and may be eligible to apply for a license to practice ECE in B.C.
• a willingness to commit to more training for Waldorf Early Years Certification and or B.C. ECE’s Certification.
• Excellent professional and collaborative skills with the ability to foster professional relationships between teacher & parents and work well with other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
• an open mind towards different approaches to early learning and a commitment to self-development and an openness to feedback. • a Canadian resident and/or legally entitled to work in Canada. WWS will administer a current Criminal Record Check.
• a B.C. Standard First Aid Certificate for working with young children (recommended but not mandatory).
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More about this opportunity with WWS:
WWS is a non- secular, non-denominational, non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. We invite you to live the mountain resort lifestyle while immersing yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of our future generations. The role of the Asst. Teacher is to support the Briar Rose Teacher by upholding a beautiful, warm environment where the children feel safe and nurtured. This includes creating opportunities for children to experience the world around them through artistic activities, tasks of the household, oral storytelling, singing, movement and organizing festivals following seasonal rhythms of nature. You will notice the difference as soon as you visit Whistler Waldorf School. Our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration. More details at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment
The Whistler Waldorf School is seeking full-time and part-time experienced Early Years Teacher and/or Assistant (s). The Early Years Teacher & Assistant upholds a beautiful, warm environment where the children feel safe and nurtured, creating opportunities for children to experience the world around them through artistic activities, tasks of the household, oral storytelling, singing, movement, and organizing festivals following seasonal rhythms of nature. The posting summaries are below:
Early Years Teacher
Applicants must have an B.C. ECE Teacher Certificate with a licence to practice with the Ministry of Children and Family Development and, ideally, also have a BC teaching Certificate with the Teacher Regulation Branch.
Early Years Assistant
Applicants must have a valid B.C. ECE Asst. Certificate or the ability to qualify for one.
Further Info. & How To Apply
- In addition to the above, successful applicants must have:
- Training in Waldorf Early Childhood Education or a willingness to be trained.
- An ability to foster professional relationships between teacher and parents as a mutual working together to support students’ best interest.
- A desire to work collaboratively with other Faculty and Administrative Staff colleagues
- A commitment to self-development and a self-reflective practice to ensure personal development to meet the age of the children that are being taught.
Whistler Waldorf School offers a flexible working environment and competitive salary based on relevant education and work experience. For full-time positions, we provide a thorough compensation package including health benefits and insurance, pension, professional development and partial tuition remission for children attending the school.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to email@example.com
Application deadline: Applications accepted until positions are filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.