Permanent, Full-time position with financial support towards certification.
We are seeking an experienced Early Childhood Lead-Hand Teacher for our Early Years Program. This is a full time, permanent position.
In addition to our very competitive and professional wage, Whistler Waldorf School will also financially support the right candidate to obtain or complete their B.C. ECE or Waldorf certification! We also offer many professional development opportunities and tuition remission for those applicants who may have children.
Do you love working with children and youth? Would you like to further your education to become a Waldorf-certified teacher? Are you looking for a climate of trust, collaboration and beauty?
More about the Early Years Lead Teacher: The role of the Early Years Lead Hand Teacher is to uphold a beautiful, warm environment where the children feel safe and nurtured, creating opportunities for children to experience the world around them through artistic activities, tasks of the household, oral storytelling, singing, movement and organizing festivals following seasonal rhythms of nature.
This position offers successful candidates:
- $23-30/hour based on relevant education and work experience.
- Training and financial support for ongoing educational experiences or certification in Waldorf education.
- Compensation package including medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance
- Partial tuition remission for your children (Pre-k-Grade 12 programs)
- An Inspiring and creative work environment with mentorship programs, peer-to-peer support sessions and community/group teaching opportunities.
The perfect candidate will have:
- B.C.’s ECE/ECEA Certification and/or a Waldorf Early Years Certification. We will consider candidates that qualify as an ECE Teacher and may be eligible to apply for a license to practice ECE in B.C.
- a willingness to commit to more training for Waldorf Early Years Certification and or B.C. ECE’s Certification.
- Excellent professional and collaborative skills with the ability to foster professional relationships between teacher & parents and work well with other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
- An open mind towards different approaches to early learning and a commitment to self-development and an openness to feedback.
- A Canadian resident and/or legally entitled to work in Canada. We will administer a current Criminal Record Check.
- Certified with a B.C. Standard First Aid Certificate for working with young children (recommended but not mandatory).
How To apply:
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More about the School: You will notice the difference as soon as you visit Whistler Waldorf School. Our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration. We are a non- secular, non-denominational, non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. We invite you to live the mountain resort lifestyle while immersing yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of our future generations. More details at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment