School Annual Events & Parent Social Nights
The #WWSCommunity is invited to get involved and participate in many of the school’s traditional festivals, student performances, presentations and fundraising events throughout the year.
In addition to public community events, WWS has also organized social events like moms and dads’ evening, education workshops, parent book clubs and more to support new families and create a warm, welcoming and supportive environment for everyone.
Parent Association & PAC
WWS parents are automatically considered part of the Parent Association, but can volunteer on the Parent Action Council (the governing body of the Parent Assoc.) which helps foster a healthy creative energy and environment.
The PAC facilitates all fundraising activities and aims to create a social network of Whistler Waldorf parents through our many events. To assist with the ongoing development of the school, WWS coordinates various annual fundraising initiatives and parent enrichment activities.
Providing school information and student support resources in one central location online makes it easier for everyone to find school details and complete admin tasks.
Designed for parents & students, My WWS is password-protected and provides access to:
- School information such as policies and procedures, guidelines and parent quick links/resources.
- WWW’s parent admin database @ WWS BigSIS to sign permission forms, update family data, and view report cards.
- High School Student HUB, an internal section with student links & resources (i.e. timetables, syllabus info., counselling resources, university prep. etc.)
- WWS E-Learning platforms – Planbook, Teams and Zoom for those students who are away and need to download/upload assignments.
Communication is a priority at WWS! Here are just a few ways we reach out to our members, partners and WWS community:
- Weekly E-news – Families receive a concise, online newsletter each week with classroom pics., upcoming events and a short community section with Whistler family resources.
- Bi-weekly Teacher Newsletter – Every second week, WWS parents can expect to receive a class specific email from their child’s class teacher to update them on the happenings in the classroom and what to expect over the next few.
- Bi-annual Community newsletter – Community members, partners, alumni and Waldorf enthusiasts receive a bi annual newsletter about Waldorf education, festival news, school updates and resources for anyone interested in education and Waldorf pedagogy. Sign up on the right to be added to our newsletter list!
WWS regularly posts on social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and more to connect with the #WWSCommunity at large. We also provide exciting news and updates about upcoming events and what’s happening in our classrooms in one of our 5 blogs including Student and Community reflections. Follow us on the channels below or check out our Connect with Us page for more details.