Whistler Waldorf School welcomes all forms of giving:
Give online now at Canada Helps, a secure online service for registered charities.
Give a Gift of Securities
Donating a gift of stock or mutual funds you’ve owned more than a year can provide tax benefits. You receive a charitable donation receipt for the full market value of the stock and do not incur taxes on capital gains. Since 2006, when capital gains taxes were eliminated on donations of publicly-traded securities, gifts of securities are the most tax-efficient way to make a charitable donation. They are also a great way for donors to make a greater impact with their gift.
- What is a publicly listed or publicly traded security?
Your donation must be of securities traded on a public market in Canada or the United States. This includes stocks, bonds and mutual funds, but excludes both shares in a private corporation and stock options.
- How do I save more and give more by donating securities?
Let’s say you purchased common shares in ABC Company for a cost of $1,000.
– If the current market value of the shares has increased to $5,000, you would have a capital gain of $4,000.
– If you sell these shares, and donate the cash, you would need to pay tax on the capital gain.
– Instead, by donating the shares, you get a tax receipt for the $5,000 and pay zero capital gains tax.
– As a result, you now have a tax credit of $2,300, which is $920 more than if you had sold the shares and donated the proceeds.
– This method of giving is more tax-efficient than donating cash.
Donations through Wills, Trusts or Life Insurance
You may name Whistler Waldorf as a beneficiary for cash or assets, and your estate is able to take a charitable tax deduction for the full amount of your gift.
Give Nesters Points
Shopping at Nesters Market and donating your points to the Whistler Waldorf School helps the school raise funds for purchasing food items at festivals, celebrations and events.
For further information and help with gift planning, please contact us at 604-932-1885 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.