14th Annual WWS Gala – limited tickets available!
“A night to Imagine” – WWS Gala 2022
Join us for an evening of reconnecting as a community, enjoying good food and libations, and bidding on fabulous live and silent auction packages as we gather to celebrate and imagine the future for our children and school.
Gala Evenings include:
- Great food, drinks, music & dancing
- Success stories & highlights with an MC
- Diverse selection of online silent and live auction items and raffle prizes!
When: Saturday May 14, 7pm-Late
Where: Après Après (4202 Village Square)
How much: Tickets are $100 (includes admission, appetizers & 2 drink tickets per person)
Attire: Semi-formal Boho Style
Although the Gala Evening is a once a year event, you can make a donation anytime through CanadaHelps.org
For the most up-to-date details on our Gala event and annual fundraising activities… follow us on our Facebook page .
Fun-raising that’s for WWS & you…
Live Gala Auction
Every year, our amazing teachers do SO MUCH for our children, the Gala Fundraising provides the community a chance to fulfill a few of their needs for next year.
An auctioneer leads supporters in several opportunities to donate and bid during a Live Gala Auction with ‘themed’ packages that have been put together for your enjoyment. Helicopter rides, hotel stays, travel adventures – there is something for everyone and bidding gets exciting.
There is also a fun Raise the Paddle ‘frenzy’ to round out the evenings’ FUN-raising opportunities.
Examples of past teacher requests:
- Early Years: $1,500 Outdoor classroom – A natural, curated environment adds to a child’s sense of wonder, exploration and overall learning.
- Literature: $2,000 Classroom libraries – Help purchase reading books to be used for building classroom libraries across the grades.
- Technology: $5,000 Laptops -Waldorf high school students use laptops in their classes for a variety of learning tasks.
Online Silent Auction
During our Gala Evening, WWS hosts an online silent auction that is open to the community so that even if you are unable to make it on the night of, you can still bid online for various, exclusive community items and packages at 32auctions.com. Items are generally available for bidding appearing online about starting one month prior to the Gala evening and the online auction closes 1 day before the Gala night.
Some past auction items examples:
- Summer mountain bike pass from Whistler Blackcomb
- Ziptrek tours for four
- Round of golf at Nicklaus North and Whistler Golf Club
- Red wine for a year from Summerhill Organic Winery
- Ski passes at Callaghan Country
- Much much more!
#WWSGala – an evening of FUN-raising
It takes a village…
Whistler Waldorf’s Annual Gala Fundraiser is a big event every year and we can’t do it without our dedicated sponsors, donors and volunteers. We greatly appreciate all of our surrounding communities’ support for their contributions and donations.
The Gala Fundraiser donations go towards much needed teacher and student classroom requests such as:
- Computer & technology upgrades
- Outdoor classrooms & education
- Bus trip transportation & community venue rental
- Much, much more…
In 2019, we raised the largest amount to date with over $80,000/year for capital upgrades and to help with bursary support.
Thanks again to all who support WWS’s Gala every year!