Come work at Whistler Waldorf School
Would you love... Helping develop children and youth? Opportunities to further your career? Working in a climate of trust, collaboration & beauty? Look below for new opportunities!
You’ll notice the difference at WWS!
Whistler Waldorf School has over 200 students from play school to grade 12. We are a non-profit, fully accredited independent school with the BC Ministry of Education, a full member of WECAN -Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America and a candidate school with AWSNA -the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America.
Part-time & Full-time positions
- Science/Math Teacher (.2 FTE Science & .3 FTE Math)– posted Dec. 22/20 – Jan 15/21)
- Director of Education – (posted Dec. 22/20 -Jan. 15/21)
- Science Teacher (2 periods of Chemistry/week)– (reposted Dec.17/20 – Jan. 4/21)
- ECE_Support Asst. – (posted Dec.17/20 – Jan. 8/21)
- Grade 1 Teacher – (posted Dec. 17/20 – Jan. 15/21)
Ongoing Applications Accepted for:
- Substitute Early Childhood Education Teachers & Assistants (re-posted Sept. 10 – June 20, 2021)
- High School Certified Subject Teacher(s) – French, Physical Education, Fine Arts, Math & Sciences (re-posted Sept. 10 – June 20, 2021)
- Substitute/Casual Certified Teachers & Education Assistants– All Grades (re-posted Sept.10 – June 20, 2021)
Qualified applicants will require one or more of the following criteria:
- Waldorf Education teacher and/or assistant certificate with background and training.
- B.C. Education-related certification, such as: B.C. Teaching Certificate with the Teacher Regulation Branch; a B.C. ECE Teacher or Asst. Certificate; and for TA’s (or EA’s) a B.C. Special Education Asst. Certificate.
- OR a relevant teaching certificate which has been obtained outside of B.C.(Canada or International) that may be eligible to transfer or apply for an equivalent B.C. Teacher/E.C.E certification(s).
- Relevant education & qualifications: 2+ years of teaching experience; a Bachelor’s of Education or related equivalent university graduation.
- French language specialty and/or second teachable subject is an asset.
- Canadian residency and/or legally entitled to work in Canada with a current Criminal Record Check.
Preferred candidates will also be:
- Able to foster professional relationships between teacher/parents to support students’ best interest.
- Able to work collaboratively with other Faculty/Administrative Staff colleagues.
- Committed to self-development and a self-reflective practice to ensure personal development to meet the needs of the students/school.
- Interested in committing to enroll in Waldorf teacher training (if not already), which can be financially supported by the school for those who are interested.
More About Us!
Whistler Waldorf’s School Community
Our school community – students, faculty, board, staff and parents – are passionate, committed and engaged. We have a dedicated and passionate faculty and staff who are committed to working in a collaborative environment and foster a greater understanding of Waldorf education within our community. Our pedagogy is holistic, balanced, creative and meaningful. Teacher-student relationships are a highlight and strength of our school.
Our teachers and staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our professional dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration.
Whistler & the Sea to Sky Community
Whistler is one of North America’s premier resorts offering some of the best downhill skiing in the world, as well as cross-country skiing, miles of biking and hiking trails, five beautiful mountain lakes, an active arts community, and an active and engaged community of 10,000. Whistler is located about one and a half hours north of Vancouver, BC.
Throughout the Sea to Sky Corridor, with Squamish an hour south, and Pemberton 40 minutes north, recreational opportunities abound, with epic snowboarding, skiing, mountaineering, hiking and arguably some of the best mountain biking in the world with internationally-renowned Whistler Mountain Bike Park. The Corridor is also home to a vibrant arts scene and unbeatable shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Despite welcoming many visitors every year, Whistler maintains a distinct small-town vibe that’s becoming increasingly rare. Neighbours know each other, and – more importantly – they care about each other. Come for a visit and stay for a lifetime!