Whistler Waldorf School has one of the highest percentages of annual budget devoted to financial aid among independent schools in area which is indicative of our commitment to providing affordable Waldorf education. Financial aid decisions in no way impact student enrollment & re-enrollment decisions.
- Financial Aid is needs based
- Approximately 20% of the WWS annual operating budget is devoted to financial aid
- 36% of students received financial aid this school year
- Students must be enrolled in Kindergarten-Grade 12 to be eligible for Financial Aid
- Awards average 40-50% of the tuition cost
- Financial programs include Tuition Adjustment, Scholarships, Sibling Discounts, Early Years Reduction Programs and Flexible Payment Options
WWS is committed to providing assistance to those who may need financial support in order to attend our school.*
The fee schedules below include dates for tuition payments, registration policies, sibling discount amounts and details about school fees and rate policies:
Kindergarten – Grade 12
Early Years Centre Rates
Little Cedars Rates
Tuition Adjustment Program
A supportive Waldorf community
The Tuition Adjustment Program is made possible by the tremendous support of our current families, alumni, board of trustees and staff, and friends in the wider community, with the Scholarship Selection Committee including members of our PAC, Board of Trustees and Administrative team.
A Fair Review Process
The tuition assessment process is not intended to put up barriers for tuition adjustment, but to ensure that an equitable process is in place so the school can be a healthy, financially responsible and a fully accountable organization.
We trust that every family will evaluate their financial situation honestly and provide the documentation required in a timely manner.
If your family will not be accessing the financial aid programs this year and feel that you would like to make a contribution to support another child’s education, please email us to discuss the many meaningful opportunities available.
Should we apply for assistance?
When applying for tuition assistance, please consider these questions:
- What can our family provide to ensure that the school is financially healthy and viable, ensuring that it available to my family in the future?
- Are there any other funding sources that can be pursued? Is there a family donor who might be inspired to help with tuition or make a donation to the school?
- What choices can we make to free-up finances to allow us to contribute to the school?
- Is our family’s need for tuition adjustment temporary? Can we provide more long-term, or can we re-pay the difference?
Apply through Apple Financial Services
The application process is be supported by a third party advisor, Apple Financial Services. They have been providing bursary and financial assistance analysis to private schools in Canada since 1993 and ensure a fair and accurate financial assessment. Current WWS families who would like to be considered for Tuition Adjustment are invited to register and submit an application. Here are a few things to remember:
- Start submitting early to provide the school enough time to determine the overall demand for the program.
- The application process can be received anytime through the school year, and it takes 2-3 weeks to complete the analysis once Apple Financial Services receives all required information/documents from families.
- There is a $115 assessment fee upon completion of the application, which can be waived if needed*.
*Please note: School Supply Fees and our Licensed Childcare programs are not eligible for Tuition Adjustment. Only students who are currently enrolled in WWS, and families who are current with their tuition accounts, can apply for tuition assistance for the next school year.
Scholarship Programs @ WWS
New Student Scholarship Fund (NSSF)
In celebration of the milestones of 100 years of Waldorf education and more than 20 years of Whistler Waldorf School in 2020, WWS created the New Student Scholarship Fund for new, local applicants in the community. It provides an opportunity for Sea to Sky families to re-consider a Waldorf education for their family, especially for those with multiple children to enrol. Also, it offers those who have financial barriers to consider transfer from another school, where a Waldorf education might provide new education opportunities.
The WWS New Student Scholarship Program is made possible in part through the financial support of community members who value Waldorf education. The Scholarship Selection Committee includes members of our PAC, Board of Trustees and Administrative team.
FAQs about the NSSF Program
- Up to four Scholarships will be awarded to newly enrolling students. Preference is given to incoming students in Lower grades & High School.
- The scholarship provides $5,000 towards only tuition annually or approximately 50% tuition support.
- It is renewable for two additional years provided the recipient continues to thrive at our school and demonstrate the qualities for which the scholarship is given.
Student & Family Eligibility Criteria
Waldorf education can only achieve its fullest potential with the active involvement of each student’s family who will:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to understanding Waldorf education, including our school’s media guidelines and policies
- Demonstrate an active interest in participating in their child’s school life
- Attend class meetings, parent conferences, and parent education events
- Have either never attended, or have not attended a Waldorf school in the last five years
- Have been accepted for enrollment at WWS
Applications for the WWS New Student Scholarship Program are generally accepted until the end of April of the current year for enrolment in the following school year. Check our Facebook for details or up-to-date deadlines.
New families enrolling siblings of a scholarship recipient are also welcome to apply for tuition adjustment for their other children.
*Please note: School supplies fees and trip fees are not included in the scholarship benefit. Further tuition adjustment and other discounts are not available to scholarship recipients.
More Opportunities For Your Family
For students in K-12 who share at least one parent in common (i.e. cousins are ineligible), the oldest sibling will owe the 1st Student Tuition Rate at that student’s grade level.
Then the second oldest and subsequent siblings in birth order will receive a 25% sibling discount and owe the 2nd Student Tuition Rate at that student’s grade level. (Sorry, not applicable to Early Years Programs)
Early Years Childcare Reductions
Playschool students (5 and under) may not eligible for sibling discounts or considered in calculations of sibling discounts, but may be eligible for Early Years financial discounts.
WWS has been accepted into B.C.’s Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative (CCFRI), which may provide a reduction of up to $350 per month. Qualified families are also recommended to apply for the Affordable Childcare Benefit for more assistance (for Little Cedars & Early Years Centre participants only).
Flexible Payment Options
We also offer a variety of payment options for families:
- Pay by pre-authorized monthly payment program to spread out payments with no interest added.
- Pay by credit card when you pay in full for the year.