Tuition Adjustment & Discounts
Making Waldorf Education a Reality
The Whistler Waldorf School knows that the education of your children is one of your top priorities and, even with the greatest commitment, families may find it challenging to finance a Waldorf education.
Choosing independent education for your child and family is a decision that requires much consideration, on both philosophical and financial levels. As an non-profit, independent school, we endeavor to keep our fees as low as possible and WWS is actively engaged in providing assistance to those who may need financial support in order to attend our school.
Financial Support & Discounts
We are able to offer families the following tuition support and discounts:
*Please note: Our Licensed Group Childcare programs are not eligible for Tuition Adjustment and/or Sibling Discounts, but Kindergarten- Grade students qualify.
More about the Tuition Adjustment Program
The Tuition Adjustment Program assessment process is not intended to put up barriers for tuition adjustment, but to ensure that a fair and transparent process is in place so the school can be a healthy, financially responsible and fully accountable organization. We trust that every family will evaluate their financial situation honestly and provide the documentation required in a timely manner.
Quick-facts about Tuition Assistance:
We have one of the highest percentages of annual budget devoted to financial aid among independent schools in area which is indicative of our commitment to providing affordable Waldorf education. Financial aid decisions in no way impact student admissions decisions.
- Financial Aid is needs based
- Approximately 20% of the WWS annual operating budget is devoted to financial aid
- 36% of students received financial aid this school year
- Students must be enrolled in Kindergarten-Grade 12 to be eligible for Financial Aid.
- Awards average 40-50% of the tuition cost
Should our family apply for Tuition assistance?
When applying for tuition assistance, please consider these questions:
- What can our family provide to ensure that the school is financially healthy and viable, ensuring that this education is available to my family in the future
- Are there any other funding sources that can be pursued? Is there a parent, grand-parent, or family relative who might be inspired to help with tuition or make a donation to the school?
- What choices have we made to free-up our financial situation to allow us to contribute to the school?
- Is our family’s need for tuition adjustment temporary? When our financial situation changes positively, can we provide more, or can we re-pay the difference?
Application Procedure & Timeline
Every year we will award approximately $300,000 to around 35% of our students. This level of support is extraordinary and exceeds many Waldorf schools of our size. Our Tuition Adjustment Program is a key feature of the culture and overall success of our school.
The process will be supported by a third party advisor, Apple Financial Services, ensuring fair and accurate financial assessments, and any families who would like to be considered for Tuition Adjustment are invited to register and submit an application. Remember to start submitting early to provide the school enough time to determine the overall demand for the program.
Please note that to receive tuition adjustment funding, families must be current with their tuition accounts.
The application process can be received anytime through the school year, and it takes 2-3 weeks to complete the analysis once Apple Financial Services receives all required information/documents from families. There is a $115 assessment fee involved upon completion of the application, which can be waived if needed.
Our Tuition Adjustment Program is made possible by the tremendous support of our current families, alumni, board of trustees and staff, and friends in the wider community.
If your family will not be accessing the program this year and feel that you would like to make a contribution to support another child’s education, please contact us to discuss the many meaningful opportunities available.
Please note: School Supply Fees and our Licensed Childcare programs are not eligible for Tuition Adjustment.