EARLY YEARS TEACHER – Permanent, Full-time Position
Do you love working with children? Would you like to further your education to become a Waldorf-certified teacher?
Whistler Waldorf School in beautiful Whistler, BC is seeking an experienced full-time, Early Childhood Education Teacher to provide teaching and support in our Early Years Programs starting immediately. The role of the Early Years Teacher is to uphold a beautiful, warm environment where the children feel safe and nurtured, creating opportunities for children to experience the world around them through artistic activities, tasks of the household, oral storytelling, singing, movement and organizing festivals following seasonal rhythms of nature.
WWS offers faculty & staff:
• Competitive, Industry Standard Wages & Full Benefits
• Tuition remission for those with children
• Professional development and financial support for ongoing training
• A supportive & collaborative team environment
• Opportunities for career advancement
The perfect candidate will be:
• Certified and/or trained in Waldorf Education and/or have a willingness to become Waldorf teacher trained.
• Fully certified with (or be eligible to apply for) a license to practice ECE with a valid B.C. ECE Certificate (through B.C.’s
Ministry of Children & Family).
• Able to foster professional relationships between teacher/ parents to support students’ best interest and work
collaboratively with other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
• Committed to a self-reflective practice and personal development to meet needs of your students/school.
• A Canadian resident and/or legally entitled to work in Canada and have a current Criminal Record Check.
• Bonus: Certified with a B.C. Standard First Aid Certificate for working with young children.
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
More about WWS & Living in Whistler, BC:
WWS is a non- secular, non-denominational and non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. Come live the
mountain resort lifestyle in Whistler, BC, while immersing yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of
our future generations. Whistler is located north of Vancouver and is one of North America’s premier mountain resorts. It offers some
of the best downhill and Nordic skiing in the world, as well as miles of biking and hiking trails, mountain lakes and an active arts and
social community of over 10,000. At WWS, our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional
development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational dialogues are meaningful, and we
aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration. More details on teaching in Whistler and at WWS at
*Please Note: Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.