Staff receive a competitive salary commensurate on relevant education and years of applicable work experience and comprehensive compensation package including health benefits, life/disability insurance, pension support and more.
Live your teaching dream in Whistler!
Whistler Waldorf School has over 200 students from play school to grade 12. We are a non-profit, fully accredited independent school with the BC Ministry of Education, a full member of WECAN -Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America and a candidate school with AWSNA -the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America.
We offer staff and faculty:
Staff receive partial tuition remission for those with children who may wish to attend the school which is a great perk for working parents. We also have a large local school community to help you get settled with resources for housing referrals and more.
Staff may receive financial support for education and vocational improvements including Waldorf teaching certificates for ECE certification and specializations. Also, mentorship programs, peer-to-peer support sessions and community/group teaching opportunities are available.
Staff at WWS are expected to have a commitment to self-development and for those around them. In that, WWS offers a balanced work approach by providing opportunities for renewed inspiration for learning and reflection with school breaks off at Christmas, Spring Break and during the summer months.
Education applicants will need one or more of the following:
- A Teacher or Assistant Teacher Certification for the applied position such as:
- a B.C. Certificate for Elementary &/or High School Teaching, Early Childhood Teacher, Special Education Assistant or a Teacher/Education Asst. (from the BC Teacher Regulation Branch, BC ECE Registry, and for EAs/TAs from a BC approved diploma program.)
- OR a Relevant Canadian or International Teaching Certificate (which has been obtained outside of B.C.) that may be eligible to transfer or apply for an equivalent B.C. Teacher/E.C.E/Assistant certification(s).
- OR a Waldorf Education Teacher and/or Assistant Certificate.
- Canadian residency and/or legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Ability to take part in a Criminal Record Check – Vulnerable Sector.
Selected applicants will also be:
- Well certified & experienced: preferred 2 years of teaching experience; a Bachelor’s Degree of Education or equivalent specialized university graduation.
- Able to speak French with a French language specialty and/or second teachable subject is an asset.
- Able to foster professional relationships between teacher/parents to support students’ best interest and work collaboratively with other Faculty/Administrative Staff colleagues.
- Committed to self-development and a self-reflective practice to ensure personal development to meet the needs of the students/school.
- Interested in committing to enroll in Waldorf teacher training (if not already), which can be financially supported by the school for those who are interested.
More About Us!
Whistler Waldorf’s School Community
Our school community – students, faculty, board, staff and parents – are passionate, committed and engaged. We have a dedicated and passionate faculty and staff who are committed to working in a collaborative environment and foster a greater understanding of Waldorf education within our community. Our pedagogy is holistic, balanced, creative and meaningful. Teacher-student relationships are a highlight and strength of our school.
Our teachers and staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our professional dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration.
Whistler & the Sea to Sky Community
Whistler is one of North America’s premier resorts offering some of the best downhill skiing in the world, as well as cross-country skiing, miles of biking and hiking trails, five beautiful mountain lakes, an active arts community, and an active and engaged community of 10,000. Whistler is located about one and a half hours north of Vancouver, BC.
Throughout the Sea to Sky Corridor, with Squamish an hour south, and Pemberton 40 minutes north, recreational opportunities abound, with epic snowboarding, skiing, mountaineering, hiking and arguably some of the best mountain biking in the world with internationally-renowned Whistler Mountain Bike Park. The Corridor is also home to a vibrant arts scene and unbeatable shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Despite welcoming many visitors every year, Whistler maintains a distinct small-town vibe that’s becoming increasingly rare. Neighbours know each other, and – more importantly – they care about each other. Come for a season to work and stay for a lifetime!