An exciting community position for the right person.
Whistler Waldorf School (WWS) in beautiful Whistler, BC is seeking an experienced Community Development Manager & Early Years Admissions Manager for the 2021/22 school year.
This position is permanent, full-time (30 hours per week) and will start August 2021.
The Community Development Manager is responsible for developing a healthy school economy and community by serving as a liaison to the Parent Council, helping promote community building activities, fostering a greater understanding of Waldorf education within the parent community and organizing fundraising activities to support the mission and vision of the school. This individual is also responsible for the enrollment of children into our Licensed Group Childcare programs.
This position offers successful candidates:
• Competitive wages in-line with public education positions, depending on proven experience and education.
• Compensation package including medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance
• Partial tuition remission for your children (Pre-K to Grade 12 programs)
• An inspiring and creative work environment with mentorship programs, peer-to-peer support sessions and community/group teaching opportunities.
The perfect candidate will have:
• A related Bachelor’s degree
• A min. of 2 years of experience preferably in the non-profit sector and including prior leadership experience
• Strong communicator – able to regularly share information both internally and externally and disseminate key messages in a clear and efficient manner
• An understanding of independent school culture
• Knowledge of Waldorf school principles is preferred and of Waldorf school philosophy is preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as a proven ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
• A very high level of energy, creativity and flexibility
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and two reference letters to the Head of School.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest! For more details, view our Employment page.
*Please note: WWS administers a Criminal Record Check for the vulnerable sector for all staff as part of school policy.