Exciting Junior High School Teacher position
Whistler Waldorf School is seeking an experienced High School Math, ADST (Computers & Technology) & General Science Teacher for a term position to teach 1 FTE (full-time equivalent) in our Junior High School program for the 2021/22 school year. In addition to our very competitive wages, WWS also offers its’ faculty many professional development opportunities and tuition remission for those applicants who may have children (dependent on contracted hours).
This position offers successful candidates:
• Competitive wages commensurate with experience and education.
• Compensation package including medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance (based on specific hours.)
• Partial tuition remission for your children (Pre-k-Grade 12 programs), dependent on contracted hours.
• An Inspiring and creative work environment with mentorship programs, peer-to-peer support sessions and community/group teaching opportunities.
The perfect candidate will be:
• Fully certified (or be eligible to apply for a license) to practice teaching with a BC Teaching Certificate (through the Ministry of Education’s teacher regulation branch), with a Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences, ADST (Applied Design, Skills & Technology), General Sciences or equivalent university graduation/specialization.
• Certified and/or trained in Waldorf Education or have a willingness to become Waldorf teacher trained.
• Qualified with 2+ years of teaching experience; a French language specialty &/or second teachable subject.
• Collaborative and have excellent communication skills with the ability to foster professional relationships between teacher & parents and work well with other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
• Legally entitled to work in Canada &/or apply for a work permit or be a Canadian citizen/resident*.
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to the Head of School. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. More details at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment
*Please note: WWS administers a Criminal Record Check for vulnerable sector for all staff as part of school policy.