Supporting our School for Accessibility
Whistler Waldorf School welcomes all forms of giving:
Give a Donation Online
Give online now at Canada Helps, a secure online service for registered charities.
You can give:
- A single donation for a new and needed item
- Automatic monthly donations for ongoing school supplies
- Security Gifting in order to qualify for a tax credit
More about Securities* Gifting:
Donating a gift of stock or mutual funds you’ve owned more than a year can provide tax benefits. You receive a charitable donation receipt for the full market value of the stock and do not incur taxes on capital gains.
Since 2006, when capital gains taxes were eliminated on donations of publicly-traded securities, gift of securities are the most tax-efficient way to make a charitable donation. They are also a great way for donor to make a greater impact with their gift.
Give a Gift of Securities
Donating a gift of stock or mutual funds you’ve owned more than a year can provide tax benefits. You receive a charitable donation receipt for the full market value of the stock and do not incur taxes on capital gains. Since 2006, when capital gains taxes were eliminated on donations of publicly-traded securities, gifts of securities are the most tax-efficient way to make a charitable donation. They are also a great way for donors to make a greater impact with their gift.
- What is a publicly listed or publicly traded security?
Your donation must be of securities traded on a public market in Canada or the United States. This includes stocks, bonds and mutual funds, but excludes both shares in a private corporation and stock options.
- How do I save more and give more by donating securities?
Let’s say you purchased common shares in ABC Company for a cost of $1,000.
– If the current market value of the shares has increased to $5,000, you would have a capital gain of $4,000.
– If you sell these shares, and donate the cash, you would need to pay tax on the capital gain.
– Instead, by donating the shares, you get a tax receipt for the $5,000 and pay zero capital gains tax.
– As a result, you now have a tax credit of $2,300, which is $920 more than if you had sold the shares and donated the proceeds.
– This method of giving is more tax-efficient than donating cash.
Donations through Wills, Trusts or Life Insurance
You may name Whistler Waldorf as a beneficiary for cash or assets, and your estate is able to take a charitable tax deduction for the full amount of your gift.
Consider matching donations or putting on a benefit event.
You can coordinate a funds matching program or a private fundraiser or benefit to raise money for Whistler’s Waldorf Education. If you are interested in learning more, please contact us at 604-932-1885 or by email.
Every donation made to Whistler Waldorf School directly affects a child’s education. Tuition fees, government and business grants (and a portion of fundraising) all cover the school’s operations budget, which largely consists of teacher salaries and lease payments for operating space.
However, we are committed to keeping our fees as low as possible to maintain affordability and keep Waldorf education as accessible as possible.
There are many ways to give and your support will help us continue to offer Waldorf education to families in our community, and solidify our goals for to provide a larger space in the future in which to welcome our children.
For further information and to discuss how you can help support us for the future, please contact us at 604-932-1885 or at by email.