Tag Archive for: jobs
Kindergarten Asst. wanted/in Job posts/by Web Admin
Do you love working with children and youth? Would you like to further your education to become a Waldorf-certified teacher?
Whistler Waldorf School in beautiful Whistler, BC is seeking an experienced Kindergarten Asst. Teacher for our Early Years Program working in the Briar Rose (Kindergarten) program. This is a full-time, permanent position. In addition to our very competitive and professional wage, Whistler Waldorf School will also financially support the right candidate to obtain or complete their B.C. ECE or Waldorf certification! We also offer many professional development opportunities and tuition remission for those applicants who may have children.
This position offers successful candidates:
• $23-30/hour based on relevant education and work experience.
• Training and financial support for ongoing educational experiences or certification in Waldorf education.
• Compensation package including medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance
• Partial tuition remission for your children (Pre-k-Grade 12 programs)
• An Inspiring and creative work environment with mentorship programs, peer-to-peer support sessions and community/group teaching opportunities.
The perfect candidate will have:
• an ECE/ECEA Certification for B.C. and/or a Waldorf Early Years Certification. We will consider Canadian or international candidates that are qualified as an ECE Teacher and may be eligible to apply for a license to practice ECE in B.C.
• a willingness to commit to more training for Waldorf Early Years Certification and or B.C. ECE’s Certification.
• Excellent professional and collaborative skills with the ability to foster professional relationships between teacher & parents and work well with other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
• an open mind towards different approaches to early learning and a commitment to self-development and an openness to feedback. • a Canadian resident and/or legally entitled to work in Canada. WWS will administer a current Criminal Record Check.
• a B.C. Standard First Aid Certificate for working with young children (recommended but not mandatory).
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to email@example.com Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More about this opportunity with WWS:
WWS is a non- secular, non-denominational, non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. We invite you to live the mountain resort lifestyle while immersing yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of our future generations. The role of the Asst. Teacher is to support the Briar Rose Teacher by upholding a beautiful, warm environment where the children feel safe and nurtured. This includes creating opportunities for children to experience the world around them through artistic activities, tasks of the household, oral storytelling, singing, movement and organizing festivals following seasonal rhythms of nature. You will notice the difference as soon as you visit Whistler Waldorf School. Our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration. More details at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment
Early Years Teacher required immediately/in News & Events/by Web Admin
Early Years Teacher Posting – January 16, 2020
The Whistler Waldorf School is seeking an experienced Early Years Teacher to start immediately. Full time, part time positions and teachers on call are available.
The Early Years Teacher upholds a beautiful, warm environment where the children feel safe and nurtured, creating opportunities for children to experience the world around them through artistic activities, tasks of the household, oral storytelling, singing, movement, and organizing festivals following seasonal rhythms of nature.
In addition to the above, the perfect candidate will have:
• Training in Waldorf Early Childhood Education or a willingness to be trained as we offer free training for those who are interested in committing to becoming Waldorf ECE trained.
• An ability to foster professional relationships between teacher and parents as a mutual working together to support students’ best interest.
• A desire to work collaboratively with other Faculty and Administrative Staff colleagues.
• A commitment to self-development and a self-reflective practice to ensure personal development to meet the age of the children that are being taught.
Applicants must have or be eligible for a licence to practice ECE with B.C.’s Ministry of Children and Family Development and, ideally, also have a BC teaching Certificate with the teacher regulation branch.
Whistler Waldorf offers a:
• Full compensation package including medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance and pension support.
• Competitive salary based on relevant education and years of relevant work experience.
• Professional development for ongoing teacher education experience.
• Partial tuition remission for those with children may attend the school.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to the Head of School
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting timeframe: Jan. 16 – Jan 30, 2019
Sign up for newsletter
We acknowledge with respect that our school is located in the traditional territories of the Sḵwxwú7mesh & Lil’wat Nations where we live, learn and play.