Whistler Waldorf is currently recruiting for full-time or part time Teacher Assistants to work under a teacher’s supervision to give students additional attention and instruction.
Teacher assistants typically do the following:
- Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups
- Enforce school and class rules to help teach students proper behavior
- Help teachers with record keeping, such as tracking attendance and calculating grades
- Help teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment, such as computers
- Help supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and recess, and on field trips
- Completion of Grade 12
- A recognized Post-Secondary Special Education Assistant Certificate or the ability to qualify for one.
- Preference given to a Degree/Diploma in a related field, and/or extensive experience in an equivalent field.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Any experience using techniques of Applied Behavior Analysis, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training (e.g., CPI or MANDT), Completion of POPARD coursework, the ability to speak a second language and a Workplace First Aid Certificate are considered to be an asset.
Whistler Waldorf School offers a flexible working environment and competitive salary based on relevant education and work experience. For full-time positions, we provide a thorough compensation package including health benefits and insurance, pension, professional development and partial tuition remission for children attending the school.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Application deadline: Applications accepted until positions are filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.