Tag Archive for: early years
Early Years Centre Open House – Online Tour/in News & Events/by Web Admin
Kindergarten Asst. wanted/in Job posts/by Web Admin
Do you love working with children and youth? Would you like to further your education to become a Waldorf-certified teacher?
Whistler Waldorf School in beautiful Whistler, BC is seeking an experienced Kindergarten Asst. Teacher for our Early Years Program working in the Briar Rose (Kindergarten) program. This is a full-time, permanent position. In addition to our very competitive and professional wage, Whistler Waldorf School will also financially support the right candidate to obtain or complete their B.C. ECE or Waldorf certification! We also offer many professional development opportunities and tuition remission for those applicants who may have children.
This position offers successful candidates:
• $23-30/hour based on relevant education and work experience.
• Training and financial support for ongoing educational experiences or certification in Waldorf education.
• Compensation package including medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance
• Partial tuition remission for your children (Pre-k-Grade 12 programs)
• An Inspiring and creative work environment with mentorship programs, peer-to-peer support sessions and community/group teaching opportunities.
The perfect candidate will have:
• an ECE/ECEA Certification for B.C. and/or a Waldorf Early Years Certification. We will consider Canadian or international candidates that are qualified as an ECE Teacher and may be eligible to apply for a license to practice ECE in B.C.
• a willingness to commit to more training for Waldorf Early Years Certification and or B.C. ECE’s Certification.
• Excellent professional and collaborative skills with the ability to foster professional relationships between teacher & parents and work well with other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
• an open mind towards different approaches to early learning and a commitment to self-development and an openness to feedback. • a Canadian resident and/or legally entitled to work in Canada. WWS will administer a current Criminal Record Check.
• a B.C. Standard First Aid Certificate for working with young children (recommended but not mandatory).
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to email@example.com Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More about this opportunity with WWS:
WWS is a non- secular, non-denominational, non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. We invite you to live the mountain resort lifestyle while immersing yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of our future generations. The role of the Asst. Teacher is to support the Briar Rose Teacher by upholding a beautiful, warm environment where the children feel safe and nurtured. This includes creating opportunities for children to experience the world around them through artistic activities, tasks of the household, oral storytelling, singing, movement and organizing festivals following seasonal rhythms of nature. You will notice the difference as soon as you visit Whistler Waldorf School. Our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration. More details at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment
Kindergarten enrolment extended to June 1/in News & Events/by Web Admin
2020/2021 enrolment extended to June 1
Booking online tours and meetings now!
We are extending enrolment registration for Kindergarten and all grades to June 1, 2020.
Even though the school is currently suspended indefinitely, we can still host you and your family through a Zoom meeting or by Skype online Monday-Friday 9-5pm. We are here to answer any questions you may have for next year.
Questions about enrolment starting in September this year… email Admissions now for more details.
We are also offering a Scholarship for new students for the 2020/2021 school year, and Kindergarten students qualify.
Kindergarten is an important start for young children and Whistler Waldorf School offers more than you may know. Find out more!
Essential worker child care available at Spring Creek/in News & Events/by Web Admin
EYC opens again for Sea to Sky Child care
UPDATE as of April 1: Closed until further notice due to a lack of demand. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do require care. If we have enough interest, we will re-visit offering care to essential service workers.
In cooperation with Waldorf’s wonderful ECE teachers and assistants, we have decided to re-open the Early Years Centre in Spring Creek to serve the community-wide purpose of providing child care to essential service workers during the COVID-19 crisis.
Here are some details:
- EYC will re-open Monday 30th March from 7:45am – 5pm
- We provide service for up to 16 children a day, 30month – school age.
- Little Cedars at the Spruce Grove School will remain closed for now.
- You do not need to be currently enrolled in Waldorf to enroll in this community initiative.
If you are an essential worker who absolutely needs child care during this time, please email us as soon as possible.
If you have other options that would allow your children to stay home, we kindly request that you pursue every option first as there is limited spaces.
Please view more details and FAQs to determine whether you qualify as an essential worker and if this is what you require.
Early Years Centre Community Info. Session #2 – Nov. 21/in News & Events/by Web Admin
Join us to learn more about our new Spring Creek Early Years Centre opening on December 2, 2019!
We had such great turnout at our first Community Information Session that we’ve decided to host a second – this time in our new location in the Sea to Sky Services Building in Spring Creek.
Date: Thursday November 21
Time: 6:30-7:30 pm
Location: Early Years Centre in Spring Creek at 1519 Spring Creek Drive.
Our Early Years Program is offered for children 30 month-school age, 2-5 days a week throughout the year. The info session will include:
- tea and snacks with a short presentation on program details
- projected opening dates, rates, the admissions process & wait pool policy details
- opportunity to ask questions and mingle with staff.
Please note: This is an adult oriented event.
Whistler Waldorf features a caring, thoughtfully designed learning environment integrating arts, movement, music and storytelling into the curriculum daily. This allows children to learn the best way they know how – by doing!
For more information or to submit an application for enrollment for your child for in the Early Years Centre, please email Admissions or call 604.932.1885.