Thanks to WB Ski Patrol!
Outdoor Education is an elective course offered to students in grades 10-12. Last week, our students had the opportunity to shadow WB ski patrol.
In addition to witnessing a patroller help an injured skier (unplanned, of course!), students learned:
• the technology used to assess weather conditions
• how avalanche guns are used to prevent avalanches along with other avalanche control measures
• first aid response
• roles within ski patrol
• main duties of a skill patroller
• skills, qualifications & training needed to become a ski patroller
• how patrollers work with ski patrol dogs
Thank you, WB Ski Patrol, for the incredible day of learning!