Summer On-Call & F/T Temp. ECE Teachers/Assts. wanted
Whistler Waldorf School in beautiful Whistler, BC is seeking experienced Early Childhood Education Teachers/Assistants to provide teaching and support in our Early Years Program.
On-call Teachers/Assts. Required immediately for Summer 2020. Also, a full-time temporary position is available Aug.26-Jan. 2021.
More about the Early Years Teacher/Assistant: The role of the Early Years Teacher is to uphold a beautiful, warm environment where the children feel safe and nurtured, creating opportunities for children to experience the world around them through artistic activities, tasks of the household, oral storytelling, singing, movement and organizing festivals following seasonal rhythms of nature.
The perfect candidate will be:
- Certified and/or trained in Waldorf Education and/or have a willingness to become Waldorf teacher trained.
- Fully certified with (or be eligible to apply for) a licence to practice ECE with an B.C. ECE and/or Asst. ECE Certificate (through B.C.’s Ministry of Children & Family). Ideally, also have a B.C. Teaching Cert. through the teacher regulation branch.
- Able to foster professional relationships between teacher/ parents to support students’ best interest and work collaboratively with other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
- Committed to a self-reflective practice and personal development to meet needs of your students/school.
- A Canadian resident and/or legally entitled to work in Canada and have a current Criminal Record Check.
- Certified with a B.C. Standard First Aid Certificate for working with young children.
In addition, we are looking for someone who is:
- Excited to teach young children and enthusiastic about learning.
- Empathetic, caring, patient, kind, creative, flexible and full of energy to create a supportive and nurturing learning environment.
- Able to plan and organize effectively to carry out the curriculum.
- Able to have a sense of humor yet remain respectful of differences.
- Knowledgeable in child development and milestones associated with each age group in order to develop, coordinate and carry out schedules and routines ensuring physical activity, rest, and playtime.
If you enjoy the following this job may be for you:
- Influence the lives of young children in a substantial way
- Experience the creativity and curiosity of young children firsthand and continue to learn and experience life with young minds.
- Play a formative role in the shaping of young minds.
- Be creative by trying out new teaching methods.
- Witness understanding and creative play.
- Variety in every day.
- Stay young through play.
We offer teachers and staff:
- Competitive salary based on relevant education and work experience.
- Comprehensive compensation package including health benefits, life/disability insurance, pension support and more.
- Partial tuition remission for those with children may wish to attend the school.
- Professional development opportunities, training and financial compensation for ongoing education experiences.
- Mentorship programs, peer-to-peer support sessions and community/group teaching opportunities.
How To apply:
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
Please see the current job posting for more details.