Early Years Teacher required immediately
Early Years Teacher Posting – January 16, 2020
The Whistler Waldorf School is seeking an experienced Early Years Teacher to start immediately. Full time, part time positions and teachers on call are available.
The Early Years Teacher upholds a beautiful, warm environment where the children feel safe and nurtured, creating opportunities for children to experience the world around them through artistic activities, tasks of the household, oral storytelling, singing, movement, and organizing festivals following seasonal rhythms of nature.
In addition to the above, the perfect candidate will have:
• Training in Waldorf Early Childhood Education or a willingness to be trained as we offer free training for those who are interested in committing to becoming Waldorf ECE trained.
• An ability to foster professional relationships between teacher and parents as a mutual working together to support students’ best interest.
• A desire to work collaboratively with other Faculty and Administrative Staff colleagues.
• A commitment to self-development and a self-reflective practice to ensure personal development to meet the age of the children that are being taught.
Applicants must have or be eligible for a licence to practice ECE with B.C.’s Ministry of Children and Family Development and, ideally, also have a BC teaching Certificate with the teacher regulation branch.
Whistler Waldorf offers a:
• Full compensation package including medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance and pension support.
• Competitive salary based on relevant education and years of relevant work experience.
• Professional development for ongoing teacher education experience.
• Partial tuition remission for those with children may attend the school.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to the Head of School
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting timeframe: Jan. 16 – Jan 30, 2019