Emerging Independence and Critical Thought
Grade 8 is a year of transition from grade school to high school. Students are experiencing an increased awareness of the world around them, and of themselves. >>More info
- History: Revolutions
- Geography: The People of the World and their relationship with their environment
- Science: Electricity and Magnetism, Hydraulics, Aerodynamics, Organic Chemistry, Physiology
- Mathematics: practical applications of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, graphing, and number bases
- English: the short story, letters, communications, and Shakespearean drama
As well as the above main lesson blocks, the High School curriculum includes:
- Drama, French, Sports and Outdoor Education
- Music: singing, strings, and band
- Arts & Crafts: clay work, printmaking, papermaking, painting, woodwork, stone work.
- Technology: Our technology program is fully integrated throughout our curriculum. It covers basic knowledge and skills with software, drafting, research, data collection, digital media, among others.
- Trips: Bard on the Beach, surfing, backpacking, climbing, paddling, cycle touring, winter hikes.
- Work experience