Building Our Future – Today
Inspire a child. Imagine the future.
Whistler Waldorf School has arrived at an historic moment — we are building a new school at Wedgewoods. Quite simply, because of our tremendous growth and success, we are bursting at the seams.
We have outgrown our current leased space in Spruce Grove Park, Whistler. With an average 11% growth per year since the school opened in 2000, and an unprecedented 50% jump in 2012, our steady growth speaks to the community’s need and support for this outstanding option in education for children in Whistler and Pemberton. As an independent school in BC, we do not receive funding from the Provincial Ministry of Education for capital projects such as building a school. Therefore, we must raise funds to build our own permanent home.
Whistler Waldorf School will create a nurturing and inspirational learning campus to welcome all of our students . . . to inspire the children in our community and to offer them the lifelong gift of a Waldorf education.
Building our new school at Wedgewoods is the single most important project our school has undertaken since the inception of the school.
Our new 40,600 sq. ft. campus will have space to accommodate 345 students from preschool through to grade 12.
The school campus will include:
- 12 classrooms for Grades 1 – 12
- 3,000 sq. ft. Early Years Building for the unique homelike Waldorf playschool and kindergarten programs
- 10,500 sq. ft. gymnasium and performing arts hall (for drama, practical arts / woodworking and fine arts)
- Science lab
- Textile Arts / Handwork studio
- Library and Learning Support room
- Music room
- Movement / Eurythmy studio
- Community hall and kitchen
- Administration offices and Faculty room
- Sustainable, organic gardens
- Outdoor field and interactive play space