Please review our admissions process below. For inquiries regarding admissions, please contact our Admissions Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-932-1885.
1. Visit Whistler Waldorf School
Attend a School Tour, Parent Education Evening or personal appointment
A School Tour views the classrooms from Early Years to Upper Grades. It provides an overview of the philosophy and curriculum by observing classes “in action”. There is time afterwards for parents to ask questions in an informal setting with the Tour host. >>See next tour date
On occasion the community is invited to attend Parent Enrichment Evenings at the school. These evenings have lectures/workshops around a particular theme, may have student work on display, and will provide opportunities to speak with the teachers and visit a classroom or two. Classes are not conducted during Parent Enrichment Evenings. Consult our calendar for upcoming dates.
If attending either option is not possible, please contact our Admissions Manager at 604-932-1885 or email@example.com.
2. Submit an Application Package
Playschool / Kindergarten Application Package:
- A completely filled out Playschool – Kindergarten Application form
- A recent photo of your child
- Current immunization record (or written confirmation parents have chosen not to immunize)
- Signed legal residency form
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- $100 Application Fee per student
Grade School / High School Application Package:
- A completely filled out Grade School Application form
- Copies of two recent school reports per applying student
- A copy of their birth certificate
- A signed legal residency form
- A $100 Application Fee per student
Payments may be submitted by etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, or paid by cash, cheque, or credit card at our Reception desk. Application Packages can be brought to reception at the school or mailed to P.O. Box 1501, Whistler, BC V0N 1B0. Please make cheques payable to Whistler Waldorf School.
3. Admissions Interviews
- Initial contact by our Admissions Manager. If there is no opening in the appropriate class, the student’s name will be added to a waiting list.
- In person Parent Interview with the class teacher (with parents & child attending the meeting).
- Following a class visit, the class teacher will meet with parents to share observations.
4. Class Visit
Classroom Visit (2-3 days) for grade Grade 4-12 applying student.
5. Administrative Meeting
- Upon an offer of enrollment by the Faculty, a final meeting with our Director of Administration is scheduled to discuss the agreements, policies and financial aspects of enrollment.
- Review of the agreements and payment options may be discussed in person or over the phone. The Tuition Adjustment process may be discussed at this point if appropriate.
- One week is the normal return deadline for new contracts.
6. Admissions Process Timing
- New openings are typically identified in early March for the following September.
- Interviews may take place any time.
- Where openings permit, a student may enter the class during the school year.
Please contact our Admissions Manager at 604-932-1885 or email@example.com.